Your Holiday Wet Weather Plan
A beach holiday conjures up images of surf, sand and sun soaked skin. But what happens when the sun ceases to shine and the only thing you can surf is the internet. Rain on a holiday is a bit of a bummer, but it doesn’t have to be. Try these fun ideas to keep the kids and yourselves entertained on your next rainy day.
The Beach House
- All the fun of the beach and a fairground, rolled into one. The Beach House is home to an awesome indoor waterslide, a carousel, dodgem cars, a games arcade and even mini golf! There’s also café on sight, but being in the centre of Glenelg, you are spoilt for your choice of cafe.
- Tumbling, turning, jumping and diving, all of this is possible at Adelaide’s HUGE indoor trampoline park. Suitable for all levels of fitness it includes areas such as a Slam Dunk bouncing basketball area and an Xtreme park for parkour enthusiasts.
- Combine an afternoon of bowling with a bite to eat and maybe even a quick shop at the Marion Westfield’s Bowland, right in the heart of the thriving shopping centre.
- For many, this is a go-to plan B for a rainy day on holiday. And there’s a reason why. A good movie has the ability to transport you to another world or another life! Lucky for us, the GU Film House is only a 10-minute walk away from the hotel on Jetty Road.
- Something is so comforting about fresh baked goods on a rainy day. All of our apartments have a kitchenette or full kitchen, so you are kitted out to cook up a storm without leaving the comforts of your holiday apartment!
There’s no excuse for boredom when there’s a whole range of wet weather friendly activities to partake in. If you have any great suggestions, please feel free to share!