5 Great Things About Staying By The Beach In Winter
For some, the idea of a winter beach getaway seems crazy. But being by the ocean is a perfect idea in the cooler months for many reasons...
- You can get fantastic seaside accommodation for a fraction of the price! Visiting seaside suburbs in winter will save your wallet big time, and you may even get a room upgrade free of charge!
- Most people shy away from the beach in the colder months, so take advantage of this, grab your jacket and scarf and feel the wind in your hair as you enjoy the beach to yourself! There’s a good chance the sand will be wet, so it can’t even make it into your shoes! Enjoy the peace and quiet and stretch your legs.
- Take advantage of the hotel owner having more time to chat with you. Low season is a fantastic time to chat with the locals who can offer great recommendations for local restaurants, cafes, wineries and day trips. It’s these chats that can sometimes start great relationships between guests and owners that results in guests returning year after year.
- You don’t pay the electricity bills so turn the heating up, pop some pasta on the stove and open a great bottle of red. There’s nothing more magical than watching a storm role in over the sea from the comfort and warmth of your apartment. Once dinner is done, fill the spa and take a long bath while listening to the rain dance on your windows!
- Rain hail or shine, fish and chips are the best any time of the year! All seaside suburbs/towns have one great thing in common, they all have terrific fish and chip shops. Treat yourself, and the seagulls to a true seaside tradition, you won’t be disappointed. Our picks for fish and chips are - The Moseley Pub, Cardonne's or The Bay Fish Shop.